Followers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday's Talk - Do Your Research! Walgreens

I am going to do the information on local store's here in Sparta, starting this week with Walgreen's. I plan to discuss Piggly Wiggly and Wal-mart in the next few weeks. After I am finished with this series, I will be sure to add-on any others in Onalaska/LaCrosse area that people request, so please don't hesitate to email me or comment about which you would like to hear about.

Here are my observations & experience on Walgreen's:
1. They take all coupons (except PW) including Internet coupons.
2. You can stack a manufacturer coupon with a Walgreen coupon on sales, plus send in for Rebates on the same item. If you pay close attention, will save a ton by using as many of these options as possible.
3. Register Rewards – check out those first in one transaction and then use them to pay for anything no on Register Rewards. CANNOT USE RR TO PAY FOR GETTING RR. Be sure to know all the rules and which items qualify for RR, because the management cannot correct the Catalina for you!
4. Easy Saver Catalog - There are coupons and rebates in the ES Catalog.
a. Sales go the entire month.
b. There are free things every month - so be sure to take advantage of those. If your really on a roll, you may even get a coupon off the FREE items, and be able to make money on these.
c. Enter your receipts on the Internet on www.walgreens.com each time you shop at Walgreen's so you don't miss out on any rebates.
d. Add refund to your Gift Card and receive extra 10%. Try to wait until they go on a weekly sale, before using them, often, it ends up being a moneymaker!
e. Watch the ES online, as the often add rebates throughout the month. Sometimes, a really good rebate will run a second month if there were not enough products to go around.

Overall, my experience with Walgreen's is very good! It is my favorite place to shop because of all the deals I get each week. Plan a little extra time into your shopping in case a coupon doesn't ring, etc. I have found that management here in Sparta is very easy to get along with as long as you are patient when it doesn't ring correct the first time. They have usually honored all my coupons and sales, even if it doesn't ring in right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!