Followers

Monday, September 28, 2009

Walgreens shopping trip

Transaction #1: Walgreen's advertised savings = $13.81. MC's = $31.50. My total cost was $45.43. My total savings was $45.31! This was more than I wanted to spend, but those razors and lotion were were expensive up front! Transaction #2: Walgreen's ad savings =$5.57. MC's = $20.75 (used Register Rewards from last week and some from this week - you have to be very careful not to use the same RR for the products you are buying, or you won't get the RR on this ticket.) Total Cost = $7.69 I saved $26.32!
Transaction #3: Walgreen's ad savings = $11.08. MC's =$26.75. Total cost $2.59. I saved $37.83! ( I still have quite a few RR left for next week.)




OK - so I did my Walgreen's shopping trip first thing this morning, because I have been having trouble getting all the great free after Register Rewards items later in the week., and now, there is a $5 off $25 purchase Internet printable found here:http://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/5off25.jsp. This promotion is good for Tuesday and Wednesday. If I were you, I would try it one of those days. Just a hint, our Sparta Walgreen's does get a shipment on Wednesday, so there may be a chance that they have the items. My first trip was quite expensive, because to get those great rewards, I had to pay for them out of pocket and it really adds up.

For those of you that haven't been using Walgreen's much, you should check it out, because lately, their deals have been very exciting! I haven't been saying much about Walgreen's, just because so many sites are already doing the same thing and I don't want to duplicate them. I just wanted to remind you about Walgreen's, because it tends to be one of my primary sources for deals, especially for cleaning products and health and beauty products. This week, I was willing to spend a little more, to get more. It was more than I expected, but I wasn't thinking about those items you have to pay to get the rewards. They are higher ticket than usual.

I am trying to come up with some ways to give some of the health and beauty supplies in a nice way for Christmas. Aside from sticking them all in a basket, I'm not sure what to do. I have some picky family members, so don't want it to seem like I am dumping things on them for no reason. Please post any comments and link it back to your own sites to let me know any ideas you might have. I would love to get a head start on gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!