This week, I'm sharing my Thankful cards with you. I have had a lot of thank-yous lately with a new baby being born, so I have been trying to keep up. I know, such a problem to have!I was determined to use my Cricut for these cards, so here is what you'll need:
- Pre-made card & envelope
- Tape Runner*
- Elmer's Glue
- Cheerful National Scrapbook Day borders*
- Cheerful Season Cricut Cartridge*
- Decorative Paper*
- Caulking Ink*
*Items that are exclusive to Creative Memories (I'm an independent Consultant)
Here's what I did:
- Using my Cricut, I cut out the phrase Thankful (this Creative Memories Cartridge has the phrase pre-programmed so you don't have to type out each letter.) and the bird and bird shadow in 2" size. I flipped the shadow, so I could used the other side of the decorative paper for the bird parts.
- Glue a piece of ribbon across the bottom of the card with the Elmer's. I've found Elmer's to work the best with the ribbon. Tape runner doesn't hold well and pen adhesive is too messy for my taste.
- Use Tape runner to adhere the Cheerful border on the left side of the card front.
- Caulk the edges of the bird parts in brown
- Adhere the bird overlapping the ribbon and the border.