Followers

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Saving Christmas - Week #9

I know that the felt food is old news on the blogs, but I still think they make great gift ideas.  I wanted to share what I am making for my daughter for Christmas this year.  I made breakfast!  I have never made any of these felt sets yet, so I think that she will love them. 
One thing that I did learn about making these is to cut them a little bigger than you actually like and sew them together.  Then go back afterwards and trim any uneven or rough edges to make the items look finished and clean.  Just my thoughts on the projects.  I didn't use any particular blog, but really just looked at many of the different felt foods out there and took what I liked.

These were really fun to make and extremely economical for a gift!  You could really get a lot of bang for your buck.  I still would like to make a sandwich and chips set with a lunch bag, but if I run out of time with all of the other things that I am making, so be it.  I can always make some later.

I hope that you all have a very blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!  (I do plan to be back before then, but, if you don't make it back, I wanted to wish you well!)

Make sure to link up with your Saving Christmas Ideas.  I love to see what everyone comes up with!


3 comments:

  1. These are really cute! A friend of mine made my daughter some felt cupcakes one year for Christmas --- really neat!
    I'm a new follower - enjoying your blog -- Awarding you the Stylish Blogger Award - for more info about it go to my craft blog ...http://estherscardcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling -- perfect for little hands to play and play with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, your felt food turned out great! I'm sure your daughter loved it (:

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!