Followers

Sunday, January 9, 2011

21 Days to Get Organized: Day 7: Pantry

Well, this one I thought was going to be easy since I go through my pantry and straighten it out after everyone about every other week.  In reality, this turned out a to be quite the mess!  Who knew that such a small space could be so much work.  So here are the befores:

Wow! How does all this happen?

I can't believe some of the junk that was down there!  It seems that some of the things that should have been going out to the garbage went in here!
 So here is the clean and revised pantry.  Sorry for the bad pictures, but really, this pantry is so small I can hardly get it in the picture, let alone get all my food in it.  I guess that is why it is even more important for me to keep it organized, so I can use it to the most capacity.
I love all the neat rows; meats, tomatoes, mushrooms, chili makings, beans, evaporated milk, cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup.  I look like a regular Aldi's!

The top shelf is for canned goods the bottom is for baking supplies.  I tend to stock up when things are on sale and I have coupons.  I don't like to go to Aldi's, so when I go, I stock up on the things we use on a regular basis like the mushrooms, cream soups, green beans, and evaporated milk.

Here's that bottom section.  Yes, I know that I have a weird obsession with ice cream pails, but really, they work for everything!  I also got a bonus out of this project!  I was thinking while scrubbing the floor that we had a door rack around that we got somewhere that might fit on this pantry door!  Lo and behold, my Mr. Right even put it right up for me.

Look at all that extra storage space!  I am so excited to have this done!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, that's a great door organizer, do you remember where you got it and about how much it was? The door closes ok? Your pantry looks about like mine, size-wise. I think one of those might be a good solution for me. Thanks and good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't actually buy this - that's what's so great about it (for me). We salvaged it from another house. It may be a Closetmaid product. The rack fits insed the frame of the door, and there was some space before the shelves are in the closet.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!