Followers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Five More Burp Rags

I'm not real sure why I enjoy making these burp rags, but I made five more of them yesterday.  I think these turned out really cute.  I wanted to make two of them for a baby gift (I know, another one!) and figured I'd cut up the rest of the material and make some to put in my Shop.I had just a small section of this fabric, so to work with what I had, a put together a light blue on the bottom third of the cloth. 

Here's the little girl frog that I made.  In my shop, I made two of these in the set.

The set includes a boy swimming for one of them.  I made one each of the girl and boy for the gift.

I used terry cloth with this set.  Two of the set have white terry and one has grey (just what I had on hand, and both look good with them.)  I am finding that the white terry cloth that you buy by the bolt at Wal-mart is a lot thinner than what you get if you buy a towel.  So I am going to try using the towels, because I think they will last longer and be better quality.  I looked at Goodwill today at some brand new towels and they were selling them for $6 a piece!  I'm going to have to keep my eye out, as that's not really a great price for material!

 Across the seem and used decorative stitching to attach the yellow looped ribbon.  I think it really ties everything together.

Please let me know what you think.  I priced them at $13.50.  I have such a problem pricing things, so I would love to hear your input on this.  I've looked at a lot of people's things, but can't really decide!

2 comments:

  1. My dear girl

    Look around what people ask for there things and than see and name your own value!! You make nice and useful things!! You sound if you are ashamed for asking money for your work!! Your work is worth its price!!
    God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome post, I would really love it if you linked this up to Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage as well! Have a nice Week! Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!