Followers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sweets on a Diet

Well, I didn't get this up right away at Valentine's Day, but I didn't want to ruin the surprise for Mr. Right (not that he reads my blog, but hey, in case he does! lol)  Also, I got so busy trying to get things done.  I was face with the dilemma of what to give to my Sweet on this special day, now that we have made a "new lifestyle change."  (That's code for finding out that you are pre-diabetic and need to go on a diet!) 

Well, I usually make some sweets like truffles or something, but with Mr. Right on a diet, I didn't want to make things hard for him, but I also didn't want to spend a lot of money.  Now, don't get me wrong, Mr. Right and I love sweets, especially chocolate, so I had to come up with something.  So I made him a dozen of chocolate roses on a diet!This recipe was supposed to be on lollipop sticks, but I couldn't find them in my town, so I used skewers instead.  I put a large marshmallow on each stick, then brushed water on the end of another marshmallow and stuck on the skewer on top of the first marshmallow.

What makes this more thrifty for our diet is that instead of dipping the marshmallows in chocolate, I melted a half of a cup of chips with a tiny bit of shortening and brushed it on with a paint brush!  Then, back to the brush with water, I brushed the water on the end of the marshmallows and dipped them in red sugar.

The chocolate was a big mess without the shortening, but these tasted wonderful, and were only 2 points a piece for Weight Watchers!!!  The skewers worked great, because I was able to put them in a vase and put a ribbon around it.  I also gave Mr. Right four coupons for a 30 minute massage from me!  Ladies - 30 minutes is a long time!  Maybe don't qualify it.

Just to let you know, Mr. Right did a great job of being thrifty too!  He and a buddy made a fancy dinner for my friend and I at their house, while my older kids babysat!  Very wonderful meal!  Oh, and, he's lost 17 pounds and I've lost 10 in 6 weeks!!! 

Check out all the blogs I love to link up to over there on the right!

4 comments:

  1. Oooo, I am entering into the diet world as well, and these sound great!! I would love it if you would link this up to my blog party, A Marvelous Mess!! One project from each party will be featured on my sidebar for a week!! Here is the link:
    http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com/2011/02/marvelous-mess-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to hop right over here from BNOTP. A few of my blog followers and I have just started a weigh-in today. Every Monday through June 18 we weigh in on my FB page. Anyway, sorry for sounding like a big commercial. These look so good. I like the idea of painting on the chocolate then adding the pretty red sugar. Well done, Miss Sparta! (Re: the weigh-in, you're welcome to join us!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are precious!! I love them! Thank you so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com (p.s. did you enter my giveaway for handstamped jewelry? It ends the 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up to New Nostalgia's Anti-Procrastination Tuesday!
    Hope to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!