Followers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Cards

I wanted to share with you some of the cards that I have been making for gifts!  I've been cutting butterflies out of scraps of paper that I have sitting around with my Butterfly Maker from Creative Memories.  You could do the same thing with a Cricut, but the advantage of using the Makers is that you can cut small scrap pieces.  I'm actually using scraps that the Cricut didn't get to (mostly because I'm not really good at getting it to use the whole sheet at a time!)After cutting up a bunch of the butterflies, I then sew a line through three of the butterflies at a time onto a blank card.  It literally takes just a few minutes to do.

I've done them side by side and then three vertically with just one stitch all the way down.

Here's a set of four that I made. 

A couple of things that I learned is to glue them down with a tiny bit of Precision Point Adhesive to keep them still while I am sewing.  They are so tiny that it was difficult to keep in place. 

Another think that I learned was to cut the string on the front first, then the string on the back, because it pulls the end of the string to the back of the card, instead a little tail on the front of the card.  Just a little detail.  It doesn't really matter, but I tend to like to perfect things.

I used a piece of raffia to bundle four cards up and then gave them away.  So far, I gave one set as a door prize at our MOPS group, one to my 100th Follower, Erin and I sent a set to my Mom for her birthday!  Did I mention that this gift cost me next to nothing to make?

Please let me know what you think in the comments and also, pay a visit to the many blogs that I love to link up to in the right bar!

5 comments:

  1. very pretty!

    I am having a $35 store credit + free shipping giveaway on my blog. A chance to select a custom trendy backpack for your kid from Paige Holliday Designs. All you have to do is leave a comment.
    check it out!
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/35-store-credit-free-shipping-to-get.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great gift. I am always in love with butterflys!
    ~Kimberlee
    www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Pretty!!!!
    I'd love for you to link up to The glittter blog Link party! http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/03/glitters-first-linky-party_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute!!! I am wishing that my birthday was in the spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty - I love how spring-y they are. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!