Followers

Sunday, August 21, 2011

New Cards Using the Project Center

It's been a pretty busy summer for us, as we've had two different foreign exchange students stay with us for a month each.  One of the things that is always a challenge, is that we try to send gifts back for each of their families in their suitcase.  I always make an album (late nights the last few days they are here) of their stay with us.  Then, each family is different for gifts. We sadly said good-bye yesterday to our Japanese exchange yesterday, so I sent handmade gifts to her Mom.  I made a set of 4 cards to send with her.  Since our holidays aren't the same, I wanted to make blank cards for her.  I figured cards would be light in her suitcase - and thankfully she needed it to be as light as possible!

To get an idea of what to make, I went to my website: www.mycmsite.com/doristowell and went to the project center under the traditional projects.  I searched under the Projects by Tools and found this tutorial on how to use the Blossom Place 'n Punch to make this card.

I also used this idea from the same section to make a card using the Tag Maker and the Blossom Place 'n Punch.  It really goes to show that you can use the project center to adapt your project for what you might have on hand.  For the paper, I used all the scraps of Creative  Memories paper that I had on hand, too. 
Please let me know what you think?  Hopefully, our Exchange Student's Mom loves them too.  Just a disclaimer, I am an Independent Creative Memories Consultant - it's how I pay for my own Creative Memories Habit! 

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! What a fun gift to send back with your guests.

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!