Followers

Friday, September 23, 2011

Eggplant Parmesan - Rave Reviews

I love Eggplant Parmesan, but my family is not as big of fans as I am.  I was very excited when we received Eggplants in our CSA (Community Shared Agriculture) box included Eggplant this last week.  Now I had an excuse to make it - we had to use up our eggplant.  Well, I ran across a new recipe on the the Westby Parmesan Cheese jar.  I am sharing it with you, because it got rave reviews from everyone in my family!  Even Mr. Right loved it and had seconds - which says a lot!  Unfortunately, all I have for photos is a picture of it partly gone in the pan and on a plate, because we were half way through dinner when we decided that it was really noteworthy!  I hope you don't mind.  I will let you know what adjustments I made.Here's the recipe:

Eggplant Parmesan
  • 2 large Eggplant (the recipe called for one, but I used two)
  • 2 cups Tomato Sauce - I used a quart of homemade canned tomatoes
  • 1/2 Tsp. Garlic powder
  • 3/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 Tsp. Dried Basil
  • 8 oz. shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1/4 Cup grated Parmesan Cheese
  1. Peel eggplant and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
  2. Fry on both sides in skillet in hot oil until browned.  Drain well on paper towels.
  3. Place a layer of eggplant slices in a shallow baking dish; cover with some tomato sauce, a sprinkling of basil and garlic powder, a little Parmesan cheese, and a little of Mozzarella cheese.
  4. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, ending with Mozzarella cheese.
  5. Bake uncovered, at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Enjoy!  Yummy!  The recipe as is, is 9 points on Weight Watchers Points Plus.  If you can cut the Olive Oil down to 1/2 cup, it would be only 7 points with 8 servings.

Oh - I want to mention our CSA farm.  You can go to their blog, where you can look up a ton of their recipes by ingredient here: Old Oak Family Farm.  It's a great resource for recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!