Followers

Monday, September 19, 2011

Pumpkin Time Again!

I love pumpkins and the fall colors.  I don't relish the thought of winter coming here in Wisconsin, but hey, at least I can love this one thing!  I seem to always have an urge to make a few pumpkins of my own in the fall, too.  So, the season has begun: Pumpkin Time!  I found this great tutorial over at here at Savvy Chic Home, so I won't bore you with the details, but I think they turned out really cute.  I am going to call these my ruffled pumpkins, since they look kind of ruffled. This one, my 7-year-old made for the fair next year (Whew!  One project down, many to go!)  He's been begging me to teach him how to sew on the sewing machine, so I thought this one was a great one for a first project.  We used the machine for the seam down the side, then a rubber band on the bottom, and hand stitching around the top and down the sides.  It was really a nice well-rounded project for a 7-year-old, although, I wasn't too sure when I started out.  I'm really proud of how well he did on this project!

I have a ledge in my kitchen (more on that soon), that my Mr. Right built for my birthday, so I am having fun decorating that for the first time each season. 

Here's a view of that shelf with all the stuff I have decorated it with.  Those other pumpkins, are my 2X4 Pumpkins that I shared here, last year.  Love those pumpkins!

I made a really big ruffled pumpkin with a tall stem.  I used some jute to tie in the stem and the pumpkin.  I think it's cute, but lonely, so I might have to make more.
That lower one is the new pumpkin, but you can see my little pumpkins from last year and my aluminum pumpkin, too.  Go here to see those.
I'm actually thinking about using these pumpkins for our next MOPS craft project.  Hope they like it and aren't intimidated by the sewing - we wouldn't use a machine, just glue to put it together.  Please check out those blogs I love and link up to on the right column and also let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. love your pictures...it just looks so cozy! i am a real newbie..started my blog 3 days ago. learned a lot will reading your blog. thank you for sharing your talent.
    blessings,
    rebeca

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!