Followers

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

31 Days: Day 24 - Crayon Roll

 First of all, I would like to apologize for not getting this one up yesterday.  I tried desperately to get something done, and didn't succeed because the baby was sick and just wanted to be held.  What is a mother supposed to do?  I'm not going to bore you with the how-to today, since I used a Wonderful Tutorial over at Chocolate on my Cranium.  Isn't that just a wonderful name for a blog?
 Here are the three different materials I used.  It always takes me longer to decide what material to use to make things, than it does to make it!  I have so much indecision, sometimes.
 Here's what the roll looks like on the inside.  The only thing that I would consider changing is to make it longer for more crayons.  This only takes 15-16 crayons, but I have 24 crayon boxes.  Bothers me to have a few extra...
 All rolled up and tied with a bow!  The only thing Chocolate on my Cranium didn't mention was to either burn the edges of the ribbon or use fray check on it.
Here's what the open end looks like with all the crayons taking a nap in there!

The bottom side of the roll.

I just think this is a great gift for youngster, boy or girl for Christmas!  Can't wait to see if they like it!  Also, check out my Etsy Shop for one of these, if you don't want to make it yourself.  I'm offering free shipping to my readers of this series for this month only if you use this code: 31DAYS.  Don't delay!  Oh - and I will be making an effort to catch up here, soon, so watch for the extra post!

Check out those blogs on the right that I love to link up to!

2 comments:

  1. I just love this idea! I can't wait to make it for my nieces and nephews!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea. They would be the perfect stocking stuffers for my nieces and nephew. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!