Followers

Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days of Handmade Christmas Gifts: Day 1 - Framed Photo

It's here!  Day One has arrived and I am so excited, yet almost sick to my stomach with what I have committed to for this month.  I am hoping to bring you some things you can make, or sew or craft, but also some ideas that are personal and meaningful gifts, yet not as difficult to make for others.  This first one today, falls into that final category - not too hard.I take tons of pictures of my family, places, everything.  I often forget that I can give that as a gift as a handmade item!  So today's Handmade Christmas Gift is a photo that I took in a purchased frame. 

I always watch clearance aisles, and I got this really nice frame for only $2.15 at Walgreen's a few weeks ago when they were changing everything around.  This summer when Walgreen's was doing 8x10's for free for a promotion, I ordered a photo of my brother and his family that I had taken this summer.  Yes, I'm that person that always makes my family pose and I self-time the picture so we can have everyone together.  This time while visiting Obrecht Garden (a perfect backdrop), I decided to also take my brother's family and even shot everyone by themselves for some portraits.  I promise, that although the picture is blurred, it is a great picture of them and I hope that it will be meaningful to them at Christmas. (OK, so the pre-teen was not crazy about posing and has a weird look on her face, but hey, it's also her personality right now.)

For those of you that think you can't really make gifts, this gift is easy, can be free or very cheap if you watch for the sales and has a personal, thoughtful touch!  One gift down for Christmas, and only 30 more to go!

I would love to hear what you think, and be sure to check out the all the other 31 Dayers at the Nester.  I love to hear from everyone too, so please leave me a comment!

1 comment:

  1. I will keep watching to see what you come up with...sounds like fun. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!