Followers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

31 Days of Handmade Christmas Gifts: Day 8 - Blessings

Today's Handmade Christmas Gift may not seem as handmade as you would imagine, but happens to be one of my favorite to give any time of the year.  For those of you that are stock-pilers (or even just have a few extra things on hand), take inventory of your stockpile and clean it out.

I just love to make up a giant gift bag out of one of everything for a family in need.  It doesn't always have to be for someone who is poor, but maybe someone is having a rough time, a lay-off, sickness, divorce, injury, or just down on things.   I love to give this to students and even an elderly person on a fixed income!

I always put a variety of necessities together - deodorant, tooth brushes, toothpaste, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, shampoos, razors, the works!  It's kind of fun to go shopping in my own closets, it cleans it out, and it helps another family!  I even suggest just dropping this off on some one's doorstep anonymously and not taking the credit.  I've been on both ends of this, and I can tell you that the rewards are far greater in the giving.  If you've been blessed, you may even be able to throw in a gift card, a calling card or a gas card too!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea...I love this! Is there somewhere on your site that tells how to get started stock piling...I don't know how to start? Dianntha

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!