Followers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Trying to be Healthy

I hate exercise!  There, I said it!  I've tried to think of a positive way to write a post about exercise, but I can't.  I've tried gyms, treadmills, biking, walking, running, everything!  I hate it all!  Are all blog posts supposed to be positive?  This particular post, just can't be positive, because I just don't like exercise.  Plain and simple!

I've lost weight, then gained it, then lost it, then gained it, and on and on.  Sure, I like being a smaller size, but I find it very painful to exercise to get there.  So the minute I don't feel up to it, or have time for it, I quit exercise.  When the pain doesn't outweigh the benefits, I don't work out (which is most of the time!) Oh, yeah, and worse, when my father says I'm fat on the internet, I stop working out! (Not that I need an excuse, but hey, I'm affected by my parents mean comments, still! Note to parents: don't comment on your child's weight, good or bad, ever!)

Is it possible to actually not benefit from exercise?  I mean, yes, I usually take a little off, as long as I'm eating well, too.  I also know all the health benefits for the long term of exercise: lower cholesterol, lowered risk of heart disease, and on and on.  But seriously, I am in pain from exercise every single day that I do it!  I feel old and frankly, I feel like I need a nap every day that I work out.  Everyone says to just give it time and you will feel better.  I don't!  I have worked out 4-5 days a week for over a year...and I still hate it and feel in pain and tired every day!

So, back to having a somewhat positive post - I am going to try to report in here what I am doing to stay healthy.  Not necessarily just exercise, but some of the things I find helpful.  Granted - my goal right now is to just exercise 5 days a week, no excuses!  Even though I know it hurts - I know that at 40 - I need to take care of myself.   We own a good treadmill, and it's the least of the worst of exercise, so that's what I'm using.

What about you?  Do you find exercise painful?  How do you keep healthy?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'll be the first to chime in. Do you like to garden? That is exercise. I have started walking a couple days a week because I read an article in my grandparents aarp magazine that said walking also builds your core muscles.

    I also hate exercise, but when I hit 40, I decided to try to do better about taking care of myself. My doc told me to get on vitamin D because many women are deficient in it. Also, I take a good multivitamin. Those made me feel better immediately. I like to do something when I'm exercising. So I totally understand what you mean. Gardening, home fix up projects, swimming... those are all great things to do. I have been trying to cut back my intake too. That's not so fun.

    Sorry about your dad. I agree comments either way are not healthy. Good luck and just remember, don't overdo it. Have fun. Hey get a Wii, that's fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Point well taken about the vitamins - I just read an article about that - twice in one day is a great hint for sure!

      I do garden, but don't lose anything from it. Also, have Wii and didn't appreciate being obese on the screen all the time! lol

      Thanks for the encouaragment! I will keep plugging away for sure!

      Delete

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!