Followers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Baked Bananas

I made these, thinking it sound great and might be healthy while on my Weight Watchers diet.  I guess that it's not horrible, but it's not the the greatest either.  The kids loved these and had fun making them, too.  We will definitely be using these camping this summer!

You will need:
  • Bananas - 0 points
  • 1 Tablespoon Chocolate Chips for each banana - 2 points
  • 5 large marshmallows(or equivalent in small  marshmallows) for each banana - 3 points
  • Foil
Total Points Plus for Weight Watchers: 5 per banana.
    First, slit the banana open, trying not to cut into the banana.
    Leave banana in tact in the peel,but open up at the slit.
    Add 1 Tablespoon of chocolate chips inside of the banana.
    Then add the marshmallows.  OK - I wanted to do this because I couldn't think of anything else to do with these leftover Christmas marshmallows that my Mom gave to us.  They would turn anything else colors and I didn't really like them to eat by themselves,so this seemed like a great way to get rid of them! (Please ignore the bleeding hands - my eczema has been pretty bad this year.)
     Here they are going into the banana.
    Wrap the filled the banana with foil.  Bake in a 350 degree oven (or campfire) for 10 minutes, or until the chip and the marshmallows melt and the banana is warm.
    Here it is all baked & yummy goodness!  They were so good! The kids really enjoyed them!  I think that this is a great way to get your kiddos to eat a fruit (if you have problems with that.)  Also, it's a pretty inexpensive dessert, since bananas are usually one of the cheapest fruit at the store.
    Please check out the blogs that I love to link up to over there in the right bar.

3 comments:

  1. Dos not sound like the baked bananas we make( pisang goreng) I will loke for the recipe and send it to you!! It is Indonesian!!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! Bananas and chocolate go so good together and chocolate and marshmallows go oo so good together... these must be heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! These looks delish and fun and so easy to do with the kids! thanks a lot for sharing this and linking up! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!