I know that these book wreathes are all over the blogs for awhile now, but I was waiting for the right opportunity to do this with my daughter. I have to admit, I am nesting right now and am trying to get all kinds of projects done with my kids, so that the month of the fair (my due date month) I won't have to get all this stuff done at the last minute with my kids. Well, I'm way to practical to not have them make things that are thrifty and what I want to try for around the house.
I started with a wreath that I purchased at Goodwill on clearance for $.50. I had a great picture of it, but I have completely lost my SD card and even a good cleaning of my house has not resurfaced it! If I find it, I'll add it to the post, but anyway, you get the point. It had fake fall leaves hot glued all over it. I had a book I got as a free demo in the mail and used brown acrylic paint on the edges to antique it. We paniced a bit when we realized that one book wasn't enough to fill the entire wreath! Thanks to the Dollar Store and the perfect sized book and we finished for only $1.50!