Followers

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

MOPS Nametags

I have finally found my place as a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) leader as the Creative Leader that really excites me!  I should have just done this in the first place, but thought it might be too much work!  I'm going to try to share with you the activities that I am doing for our local Sparta MOPS group here.  I think most will enjoy the craft projects I have been working on.

For our first meeting this Thursday, we wanted to have some name tags.   Here's the theme that we have this year.  It is based around a game theme.  So, we are trying to keep in that theme for the tags.


 Here are the materials that I used to make the name tags (all from Wal-mart):
  • Party Necklaces - $.97 for 4
  • Pink & Blue Ribbon - $.47 each
  • Findings Clips - $2 for 48
  • Tags printed on Card stock (found on MOPS leader sight - sorry I can't remember who made them, but comment with your email & I can attach them to you if needed) and then laminated

I think that these turned out pretty well.  I made wrote the names on the tags before I laminated them.  I also made some blank ones so if we have some new Moms come, I can just use a Sharpie to write their name on it.  I just put the hook on the necklace and punched a hole in the name tag after I laminated it.  I am adding a ribbon to the name tags for each child that a Mom has, of course, pink for girl and blue for boy.
Hope this gives you a great way to make fairly inexpensive name tags for your group.Be sure to check out the blogs that I follow at the right.  Oh, and leave me some love in the comments!  I love to hear from everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Those are pretty cool. I should make some of these for the ladies at my Bible study table. The ones we have are not so pretty.

    Newest follower from Penny Pinching Party. Follow back?


    Janice
    Celebrating Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty idea for something practical - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours are really cute. I am a MOPS coordinator and we are so busy this week getting ready for our first meeting on Tuesday.
    One of our moms created a registration program for our group that makes the tags and prints them out. Not sure what it will look like yet, but I will find out on Thursday when we make the groups.
    Love your tags and wish we could do something similar, but I don't think we have time to make 90 of them. We print ours out and put them in a plastic pocket with a clip on it, makes it reusable. Which reminds me that I have to make sure I have enough of them. Oh what a busy day I have ahead.
    Good luck with your MOPS year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love the like to these nametags! I am working on centerpieces right know and would love to make these name tags as well! Thanks, Tracy tlk36@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently it is way too late and I should be in bed... I meant to say link... and now not know...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a teacher, and I WISH I'd thought to make those for my classroom. They are great! Thanks for linking up to Refresh Your Nest Fridays at Making Lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute name tags! I taught pre-k for 19 years. All my stuff is in the basement I'm currently cleaning out. Hoping to find someone to love my stuff as much as I did. :)
    thanks for sharing @ catch as catch can
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. THis is great! Would you send me the attachment to print out? Thanks! rmclark15@gmail.com (Rachel Clark)
    We are starting Nov 3.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to make these as well. vitalian80@yahoo.com Thanks! Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking for cute nametags. I found it! Can you please send me the link to print out the name tags? Thanks! Rose rfrench@caminoschool.org

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also love the name tags and am interested in creating them for a girls empowerment group at our church. Please send link to psychedmom@aol.com. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really a great idea. We just had our 2nd MOPS meeting great turnout. Please send me link to snoangel95@yahoo.com thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!