Followers

Friday, October 8, 2010

Second Hand Swags

I got these two really long swags at a rummage sale last year for $2.  They were marked $10 and when I started looking at them, the lady told me I could have them for $2!  I didn't even have to ask for the discount!  Well, I got them home and washed them, and realized the lady wanted to get rid of them so badly because someone had decided to paint off white and didn't think to take them down first.  The good news is that with a little fiddling, you can hide the little paint spots (very little!), you can make them non-visible.

I have had them on the pole swagging with 6 swoops and it was just too frilly looking for me, so I took them down and washed them.  Then, they sat on the chair for a month, because I didn't know what to do.  By the way, I tried to take a before picture, but it didn't turn out with the sun coming in the front window!  Sorry!I think the best thing is the very close match to my couch they are!  This was all no-sew...I just used a rubber band on each side and hung it over the curtain rod on the end.


Then we took two safety pins and pinned the center up on the rod hanger in the middle of the swags to cover them there.

So this is the part where I am stuck.  This knot took a good hour to get right, because it is made up of the two ends of the swags.  I love how the knot looks, but I don't like how that gold rod looks in the middle.  I'm thinking about hanging a picture or wreath there of some sort.  Please let me know what your ideas are...and what you think of my "new-to-me" curtains!

I'm linking up to:

5 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when a good deal looks great too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great and I think a wreath would do what you need it to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a wreath would look nice, and you could change it with the seasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it were me I'd at the very least spray paint the gold rod black to match the one above it. Then if it still bothers you, add something. A wreath is a great idea. You could also do some letters (like your name or a nice word) hanging from it, a little vine, or maybe just wrap the rod in a fabric that would match the room. Is there no way you can lower the top rod to be just barely above the gold one so that you don't see it and you don't have the space between the white curtain and the swag? It really looks nice the way it is. I just know that if it bothered me I would have to do something about it until I got it just right. Good luck! (and great find, by the way!). Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wreath is agreed here....but these are simply fabulous!! Way to go, girly! I'm so excited to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to link up your sweet creations at my weekly link party, every Friday! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!