Followers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Piggly Wiggly Deals - January 28-February 3

So here are my thoughts on deals for Piggly Wiggly this week.



  • Klement's Brats - BOGO = $3.99/2 - $1/2 MC (Manufacturer's Coupon) = $1.50/lb.
  • Nabisco Crackers - 2/$4 - $2/2 MC = $1 each
  • Kraft Salad Dressing - 2/$3 -$1/2 MC = $1 each
  • Kraft Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise - $2.99 - $.75 MC - $2.24.
  • Bolthouse Farms Baby Carrots - BOBO = $1.69 or $.85 lb.
  • Hunt's Manwich Sauce - $.99 each - $.50/2 MC = $1.39 or $.70 each
  • Bush's Kidney or Chili Beans - 3/$2 - $1/4 MC (in store pull) = $1.66/4 = $.41 each
  • Sargento Shredded Cheese = 2/$4 = 2/$.50 MC = 2/$3 or $1.50 each
  • Nestle Ready-to-bake Cookies - 2/$6 - $1/2 = $5/2 or $2.50 each
  • 5 qt. Deans Ice Cream = $4.99 with PW card (Yeah! a treat!)
  • General Mills Cereal - 2/$6 + Get one FREE when you buy 2 - $1/2 MC = 3/$5 = $1.33 each! Now, I do have another $.50 MC off 1 that I'm not sure they'll let you use if you are getting the 3rd for free. Comment on this post if you find out that this works or not.
  • Produce: Apples, Tomatoes & Avocados = $.99/lb. I might make some guacamole with the tomatoes & avocados!
  • PW Hot Dog or Hamburger Buns = $.88/8 count
Not a ton of things on a huge sale, but at least some are on sale. I look forward to fresh Granny Smith Apples, for sure. I may not get the cookies - depends on what we get for paychecks this week.

Some meal plan ideas for these:
  1. Brats, buns & chili
  2. BBQ, buns, Guacamole Salad (my step-mom used to make a recipe from Mexico, so I might do a search for one that is similar. It was basically avacado, mayo, tomato, & some spices? I'll share the recipe if I find something we like.)
  3. Venison Stew with carrots & Potatoes from last week & Apple salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!