Followers

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Energy Bars Recipe

I wanted to share with you a recipe that we have loved over the years, and also uses up a lot of those cereals that you get really good deals on. This is one I like to make instead of buying granola bars or for our deer hunters. It is very filling, so the pieces don't need to be sliced very large. My husband cautions that when taking it deer hunting, be sure it doesn't get frozen, as it gets very hard. He still thinks it's worth the effort to get down, though. He said he would just munch on one once & a while and was able to go long periods of time without meals!
Energy Bars
1/2 Cup peanut butter
1/4 Cup margarine
1/2 lb. marshmallows (40 large)
Melt these together.
Mix in large bowl (above):
2 1/2 Cups toasted oat cereal (Oat Flakes - I used Berry Special K this time)
1 1/2 Cups toasted rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
1/2 Cups raisons
1/2 cups peanuts (I used cashews)
Pour marshmallow mixture over, mix all together and pat into 9x9 pan. (I doubled the batch for a 9x13 pan). Cool and slice to serve. (Below! Yumm!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!