Followers

Friday, October 21, 2011

31 Days: Day 21 - Ornament

Well, you will have to forgive the pictures today.  I've been working really hard on making professional looking pictures and clear backgrounds, and well, I give!  My kitchen table has been a mess for 21 days and today, it's in the background!  Please tell me there are other crafters out there that make such a horrible mess like I do?  I look at all these great blogs that have a beautiful and clean craft room, and mine is getting worse, so bad, in fact, I have moved to the kitchen table!  Oh, Mr. Right is wonderfully tolerant!

So for Christmas every year, I like to make an ornament for everyone so I thought I would Mod Podge book pages onto the outside of an ornament.  I found this box of clear ornaments at Menard's of all places for $1.99, so thought it would work out perfectly.  You will also need:
  • Paint brush
  • Glitter
  • Mod Podge
  • Ornaments (hey - use some of those old ugly ones that you don't like anymore!)
  • Book Pages

First I tore up a book page - this was a picture from an old book inside cover.  Just make little strips.  I think future ones, I'll use the word pages - but I thought this picture would be cute, because it has the greens in it.

Mod Podge the outside of the ornament.  Take off the top if you can, so it doesn't get full of Mod Podge.  Stick the strips around it.  Really, it's that simple, but very messy!


Once the entire ornament is covered and dried.  Put another coat of Mod Podge on the top.  It will dry clear.  While it is still wet, sprinkle glitter on the Mod Podge.

I also took a little scrap of the paper and stamped NOEL on it.  Glued it to a thin ribbon and tied it on.

Well, what do you think?  Check out the blogs that I love to link up to in the right column.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think! Thanks for your feedback!